THE ISO 50001 CERTIFICATE
In our 2021 Annual Quality Assurance, Environment and Food Safety Plan, we focused on the goal of obtaining ISO 50001 certification. We were awarded the certificate on 15 September 2022.
ISO 50001 is the most common energy management standard used by companies around the world. The certificate helps organisations implement energy policies and correctly manage all aspects related to energy derived from their activity, such as the services, facilities, products, etc. This translates into real and quantifiable energy savings.
‘SP Group needed to optimise its plant’s energy consumption and find an alternative, green electricity supply. We also wanted to implement strategies that would have an impact on energy savings, while being both environmentally friendly and energy efficient’ Francisco Muriel, Quality Assurance, R&D+i and Occupational Health and Safety Manager.
The new ISO 50001 certificate is just another in a long line of achievements resulting from the work of the Quality Assurance Department and SP Group team. These include:
- ISO 9001: Quality Management System
- ISO 14001: Environmental Management
- BRC Packaging: Food Safety for packaging materials
- ECOSENSE and RETRAY certificate for the use of recycled PET
- EFSA (European Food Safety Authority) approval of the extrusion system for thermoformable food-safe PET film.
- Compliance with all health and safety requirements
We remain committed to the environment.