Offset, the perfect technique for products with a high rotation of designs
The offset printing system is powerful and versatile. With our new COMEXI OFFSET CI8 printer we have become the first company in Spain to offer this technique. Our hybrid printing combines offset and flexography and has a flexographic-printing body and a central drum system that ensures more opaque colours and incredible definition. Perfect for short and medium runs, 3,000m2 plus, of products with a high design rotation.
How does offset printing work?
Offset printing is a system derived from lithography, which is indirect printing. The graphic information is broken down into percentages that are lasered onto a plate. The ink is then transferred to the printing surface with a roller, resulting in the desired design.
The offset technique is characterised by its speed in the production phase. Its EB (Electrom Beam) inks do not contain solvents, dry quickly and are very resistent.
Offset provides high quality in relation to the chosen material (paper or plastic film), well-defined typography, sharp dots and clean stochastic screen, and is comparable to rotogravure in terms of visual quality.
Which markets use offset printing?
As we have seen, offset printing is recommended for short to medium runs from 3,000m2 upwards approximately, and it can be applied to different materials, such as OPP, PET and paper-based laminates.
Offset printing in the food market:
– Cold cuts and cured sausages: Flexographic and rotogravure printing techniques are widely used today for this type of packaging. However, offset printing is an excellent choice for lower production volumes, as the quality of the printing is very high. Read more.
– Sauces and liquids: This market uses functional, highly personalised packaging, and offset printing is a very good choice. Heat treatment cannot currently be applied however. Read more.
– Fish and shellfish: Standing out in cold displays is very important for this market. The use of advanced techniques allows us to achieve this while ensuring end consumers can see the product properly. SP Group’s rotogravure, flexography, offset and digital printing systems are very suitable for this market. Read more.
– Cheese and yoghurt: Packaging with offset printing is commonly used in the cheese industry as it is highly versatile and can adapt to market demands in terms of format and design. Read more.
– Fruit and vegetables: This market has undergone huge changes as regards the differentiation and personalisation of products, especially for pre-prepared foods. The challenge is to maintain the freshness, flavour and smell of the products while providing striking packaging. All four printing techniques can be used to ensure optimum visibility on the shelf. Read more.
– Dry foods: Foods such as pasta, rice and pulses need packaging that keeps moisture out for optimum preservation. The offset printing system is ideal for personalised medium or short runs. Read more.
– Confectionary and bakery: This type of product needs safe, functional packaging with creative designs that make an impact and help them stand out on the shelf. The printing techniques used have to respect these characteristics, and all the printing systems offered by SP Group are suitable: rotogravure, flexography, offset and digital printing. Read more.
– Nuts, pickles and condiments: The packaging for these products requires two important features: it needs to be attractive to the target market, and must allow the products to be preserved for a long time until their consumption. Read more.
– Diet and nutrition supplements: The diet and nutrition sector demands a high level of personalisation to ensure the products stand out. The design needs to ensure they are highly visible. Read more.
– Pet food: Pet food packaging guarantees the preservation of nutritional properties. All our printing services provide excellent quality for this packaging. Read more.
Offset printing in the non-food market:
– Chemical and biological products: The flexibility of polyethylene coextrusions – in multiple formats with many different perforation options –permits excellent print quality in offset. An ink compatibility test will be performed beforehand. Read more.
– Personal care and hygiene: The cosmetics industries requires great versatility for its packaging. We offer a wide range of solutions that meet all demands: ecofriendly, flexible, tailor-made designs that are suitable for new distribution channels. Read more.
– Other packaging: We also manufacture packaging for diverse sectors such as the electronics and construction sectors. If you are looking for packaging, do not hesitate to contact us. SP Group has a solution for every need. Read more.
ASK US A QUESTION
At SP Group we optimise our production processes to provide the most efficient service to large industry. Many multinational companies already trust our ability to meet their flexible packaging needs on a daily basis.
If you would like to know how your company can benefit from our services, send us your details and one of our sales advisors will contact you. Or, if you prefer, consult the contact details of your area representative