THE NEW BIO FVSOL MATERIAL, 100% BIODEGRADABLE PACKAGING
In recent months, our R&D and Innovation Department has focused its efforts in obtaining a new polymer that broadly meets the packaging-sustainability requirements of today’s clients. This is in addition to meeting the increasing demand for this type of packaging by environmentally aware end users who are inclined to value any brand that use bio-packaging or eco-friendly packaging, especially for food products.
Our work has given rise to the new BIO FVSOL 60 material by SP GROUP, which is totally biodegradable, compostable and bio-based, to comply with the EN 13432 standard. BIO FVSOL 60 is a laminate with a base of PLA (polylactic acid) and PVOH (polyvinyl alcohol), both of which are biodegradable. This new material is part of our SOL range, which is characterised by high-barrier films that condense maximum protection in minimum thickness and are entirely suitable for food use.
– BIO FVSOL 60 packaging stands out for its exceptional rigidity and high-degree of transparency. Optimum transparency ensures the product inside is clearly visible.
– BIO FVSOL can currently be used in the VFFS and HFFS packaging machines and also for three side sealed pouch of a standard thickness of 50-60 microns.
– The sectors currently considered ideal for using BIO FVSOL are those whose products are not too moist, for example:
- DRIED FRUIT AND NUTS, SNACKS AND SPICES
- DRY FOODSTUFFS (sugar, flour, dry pasta, pulses, etc.)
- ANIMAL FEED
- CURED SAUSAGES ON STRING
We have successfully launched a new packaging material for large-scale consumption that is 100% biodegradable, once again consolidating our commitment to the environment, one of the main signatures of our growth.
Thanks to its optical and mechanical properties, this material has great potential to adapt to each client and each product, guaranteeing optimum preservation. BIO FVSOL 60 is just one more material added to the custom packaging solutions offered by SP GROUP in our aim to provide quality, innovation and technology.